Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Date day

Zen and I had a lovely day out together last weekend. We headed up to the Adelaide hills for some wineries, lunch and a vintage shop stop. Despite wind and rain it was perfect! I should start by introducing you to the hydrangeas that my darling husband brought home for me the night before







                                                                                        
Are they not the most beautiful hydrangeas ever?!
They were so nice to wake up to!

So we started the day with pancakes of course.





Hamlet stayed home and took some much needed rest 
read- sarcasm





So. Cute.

We stopped for some succulent strawberries  to munch on the way. 
I love that honesty boxes are still able to function.




What I wore~




The top is an op shop find from ages ago but up until now I've never had pants to wear it with. I nabbed these vintage high-waisted pants from a Salvo's last week for $2.50!
Not too shabby. 





Marquisette bow brooch and antique cutlery brooch were both gifts. We bought the ring from a market in Melbourne and it is made from an old fork

We nabbed some blood oranges from a tree we passed by







and had yummy gluten free sweet potato chips for lunch





One of my favorite little vintage shops is Magnolia at Oakbank






                          

                      









You're sure to find something special here. I really wanted that giant cushion made from vintage curtain fabric. So pretty!





Last stop was a winery whose doors I just loved!







I bought this faux fur wrap at an Oppie for $3! It so nice for when its just a bit chilly.






Zen being the Bonsai enthusiast that he is had to stop and take some photos of this old Gum Tree


 


It doesn't really know what its doing. I love how resilient Gums are.
We found 2 more honesty stalls on the way home and picked us up some zucchinis and a bunch of spinach the size of my torso. And best of all... these 2 bunches of lillies for only $5!!
We got really wet collecting them but somehow that made them all the more sweet.











I'm so used to the white lillies in my garden that each time I look at these I get the impression they are blushing. Aren't they delightful?!

We listened to Lois Armstrong as we flittered from place to place so I shall leave you with the opening lyrics to Jeepers Creepers as I thought they were fitting

Now, I don't care what the weather man says
When the weatherman says it's raining 
You'll never hear me complaining, I'm certain the sun will shine
 
I don't care how the weather vane points
When the weather vane points to gloomy
It's gotta be sunny to me, when your eyes look into mine

Love ~E xo

5 comments:

Katrina@capturingmoments said...

Hello! Thank you for the lovely comments you left on my blog. This post is delightful!! The pancakes, the outfit, the lilies oh my!!!! I am a tad envious of this perfect day.

Unknown said...

I love Date Days :) Me and my hubby try to have them as often as possible! I have never heard of an honesty stall... but I wish I had! It looks like you got a lot of yummy things :)
-Jenny

melynda said...

what an AWESOME day. love it!

b and e said...

Hey E,

I Love this post soo much it's 100% you just the way I like it! These are the kind of posts that keep me going! Thanks! (mostly cause it's got you in it, your house, and fresh fruit/veg/flowers, not to mention op shop finds, vintage ... okay okay cause it's got everything awesome!)

bxx

WolvesAtTheDoor said...

Merry Christmas b and e!! I wish you ALL the best for 2012!!! Looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...