Friday, April 20, 2012

a bushel and a peck

Ever since watching 'Julie & Julia' I've been in love with this song. I'm trying to decide which version to download on itunes...sigh...perhaps I shall just purchase all of these beautiful versions!


 


Doris Day - this is the version from the movie. Crisp, clear lovely voice as usual!

The Andrews Sisters - I just love these girls! Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy was a masterpiece and their harmony and strength come through with this song and I'm taken!

Betty Hutton & Perry Como - Okay what's not to love about the great Perry Como? I admit I hadn't heard of Betty Hutton before now, but will surely look into her as I was mightily impressed by her voice.


Don't you just love 1950's songs? I adore their innocent ways of touching on the well, not so innocent.
And if you're wondering what a bushel and a peck are, well the simplest way to put it is: they are old units of measure. A bushel being a lot, a peck being a little (so many pecks make a bushel).

Hope this song makes you smile today!
bxx

2 comments:

Ioana-Carmen said...

Hy doll! This is beautiful! Do you wanna follow each other on GFC? and like on facebook? Kisses from Romania!

FashionSpot.ro

59KUSTOM said...

It made me smile. My mom used to sing that to me, all the time, whne I was little. Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...