Friday, April 20, 2012

a bushel and a peck

Ever since watching 'Julie & Julia' I've been in love with this song. I'm trying to decide which version to download on itunes...sigh...perhaps I shall just purchase all of these beautiful versions!


 


Doris Day - this is the version from the movie. Crisp, clear lovely voice as usual!

The Andrews Sisters - I just love these girls! Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy was a masterpiece and their harmony and strength come through with this song and I'm taken!

Betty Hutton & Perry Como - Okay what's not to love about the great Perry Como? I admit I hadn't heard of Betty Hutton before now, but will surely look into her as I was mightily impressed by her voice.


Don't you just love 1950's songs? I adore their innocent ways of touching on the well, not so innocent.
And if you're wondering what a bushel and a peck are, well the simplest way to put it is: they are old units of measure. A bushel being a lot, a peck being a little (so many pecks make a bushel).

Hope this song makes you smile today!
bxx

1 comment:

59KUSTOM said...

It made me smile. My mom used to sing that to me, all the time, whne I was little. Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...